Wednesday, November 29, 2006

No, really, I don't like cranberries.


Thanksgiving was good this year. My siblings both went to their inlaws and/or significant other's parent's homes. So my parents came with Marcee and I to my inlaw's home. It was nice. Although for next year I'm going to suggest that whoever is hosting the meal cook the turkey. It makes me nervous to drive 20+ miles with a pot of turkey and sloshing juices in the trunk.

We both took the 24th off and bummed around the house for a four-day weekend. It was nice to have a break from work but by Sunday I was ready to go back in. Friday we performed a major cleaning of the kitchen. It’s amazing how dirty it gets behind the fridge. The next day we had planned on cleaning other parts of the house, but en
ded up painting the master bedroom doors. We purchased our home a little more than two years ago with the intent of repairing / improving it and moving on to something better, but due to work schedules we've done little to accomplish our lofty goal. Ah, “…the well laid plans of mice and men…” Bit-by-bit I think we’ll make this house bearable.

Marcee has gotten involved in an annual event here called The Festival of Trees
. It's a christmas tree auction for Primary Children's Medical Center. She enjoys the planning, helping and meeting new people, which is good.

Recently we discovered that Madison, our three-year-old Miniature Dachshund terror, is allergic to grass. The vet says there isn't much we can do for her, just wipe her down with a cold, damp cloth after she's been outside. That dog is amazing. She was born with a herniated bellybutton, She broke her tail within the first year and now this. I don't know what to do with her.

Any-hoot, I can't believe 2006 is almost over. It's been an eventful year, full of memories and learning experiences.

"A long December, and there's reason to believe
maybe this year will be better than the last..."

3 comments:

Jared said...

Awsome, the circle is now complete. We all have blogs.

pramahaphil said...

It looks like things are coming along nicely.

pramahaphil said...

PS I spend far too much time and energy blogging, and i with my wife have started a journalesque family blog at Our Own Family Chronicle.

Come and visit